1.) Go to Amazon.com and purchase Karen Rizzo’s memoir
Los Angeles writer, playwright, and performer Karen Rizzo wrote the book Things to Bring, S#!t to Do . . . and other inventories of anxiety made entirely out of lists she's saved since she was a child.
1) The memoir was a 2006 Book Sense Highlight for ‘Fascinating Lives’
2) Our interview with her is now up in Profiles
3) Find out what she thinks list-making really tells us about ourselves
4) She just wrote to tell us that she's now working on a novel
5) She says it scares her
6) We wonder if there are any lists in her novel
7) You can watch her here, reading some lists from her book
Joanne Catz Hartman, lives with her husband and daughter in northern California. She wrote the Literary Mama column Mother Angst and was also a columnist for San Francisco’s J . Her work appears in the anthologies Literary Mama: Reading for the Maternally Inclined, Using Our Words, and The Knitter’s Gift. Prior to motherhood, she worked for a New England public television station on an award-winning feature magazine show, was a reporter and photographer for a sailing magazine, an editor at a wire service, and spent a decade teaching middle school.
More from Joanne Catz Hartman