This comes from the Yahoo Group, "Paying Writer Jobs" message boards.
Subtitle: 101 Stories Celebrating the Power of Choice
for Stay at Home and Work from Home Moms
Raising children, managing homes, and maybe even keeping a hand in the
working world can place incredible demands on mothers. These multi-tasking,
high-performing women have become today’s power moms.
Moms – share your stories about being a mom and doing it all.
Dads – share your feelings about your stay at home wife.
And children of moms who stayed at home – tell us about your mom.
Stories should be written in the first person and should not exceed 1200 words. Any stories are welcomed, including those on the following topics:
• Celebrating the choice to be at home: Share your most treasured moments
• Making the choice to stay home or scale back work to raise kids
• Managing the new demands of raising healthy, accomplished and
• Meeting the challenges of running a household in an increasingly busy
• Clever ways of multi-tasking: getting it all done every day
• Dad at work, Mom at home: Surviving the division of labor in your marriage
• Facing Baby Brain Drain: Making quality time for yourself
• Reclaiming the joys of work through charity and community service
• Creative ways to work from home
• Mompreneurs: Making your own family-friendly job
• Reinventing yourself when the kids are all in school
• The power of female friendship: How women rely on each other to get
through the day
• The buck stops with you: Feeling the pressure of being everyone’s go-to person
• Life in the minivan: Making the most of the driving black hole
• Giving up the Guilt: When doing it all is impossible
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book. You will also receive a check for $200 and ten free copies of the book, worth more than $100. Your story will be copyrighted in your name and you will retain your rights to resell the story to another publication after it is published by Chicken Soup.
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1, 2008. SUBMISSIONS GO TO
Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Submissions to our web site receive faster attention and are more likely to be published, but if you do not have Internet access, please submit your story by mail or by facsimile.
Chicken Soup for the Soul
P.O. Box 700
Cos Cob, CT 06807-0700