Call for Submissions: Op-Ed!
Literary Mama wants to know what you're thinking!
We're looking for short, focused op-ed pieces (a tight 500 to 900 words):
* Opinionated pieces with a strong focus and argument
* Timely essays about issues important to mothers and/or writers
* A new perspective on a popular topic
* Or an introduction to an issue that hasn't yet caught the public eye.
We're not looking for:
* Topics so obscure that most of the discussion is taken up with giving the reader background
* Sprawling topics impossible to keep to our tight word count
* Arguments familiar and/or uninspiring.
Please send queries and submissions to lmoped (at) literarymama (dot) com in the text of an email. Include the word "Submission" in the subject line of your email, and allow 2 weeks for a response.
Caroline M. Grant served on the editorial board of Literary Mama for over ten years, including five as Editor-in-Chief. She is currently Associate Director of the Sustainable Arts Foundation, which provides grants to writers and artists with children.
She is the co-editor of two anthologies: The Cassoulet Saved Our Marriage: True Tales of Food, Family, and How We Learn to Eat (Roost Books, 2013) and Mama, PhD: Women Write about Motherhood and Academic Life (Rutgers University Press, 2008). Her column, Mama at the Movies, ran on Literary Mama for six years; she has published essays in a number of other journals and anthologies.
She lives in San Francisco with her husband and two sons; she writes about food and family on her blog and at Learning to Eat. Visit her website for more information, including clips from her radio and television events.
Caroline is former editor-in-chief for Literary Mama.
More from Caroline M. Grant