There's still space available if you want to attend Summer Fishtrap 2011.
Summer Fishtrap Workshops and Gathering at Wallowa Lake, nestled at the foot of the Wallowa Mountains in Eastern Oregon, is coming up soon! From July 10-17, 2011, writers are invited for a week of creative writing workshops and a weekend of presentations, readings and conversation on questions of migration and passages, both political and personal.
Many of the 5 day creative writing workshops are already full, but there are still a few spaces left these workshops:
- Rosanne Parry - writing coming of age stories for young adults
- Wayne Harrison - the subtler uses of dialog to reveal character
- Debra Earling - creating stories of legend, myth and magic
- Henry Hughes - writing poems that will change your life
- Mandy Smoker - writing your personal story of change
- Joanne Mulcahy - the challenges of writing about the lives and landscapes of others
The Gathering begins on Thursday night July 14th and features Pico Iyer, famous for his writings on travel, globalism, migration and crossing cultures. Iyer will be joined by artist and healer Eva Castellanoz, journalist David Laskin, and social activist Pramila Jayapal.
Participants may enroll in the five-day writing workshops, just the Gathering, or both. For more information, click here.